Book Review: Sincerely, Carter by Whitney Gracia Williams



Sincerely, Carter by 

Published April 29th 2015
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, NA, Humor

Just friends.
We’re just friends.
No, really. She’s just my best friend...

Arizona Turner has been my best friend since fourth grade, even when we “hated” each other. We’ve been there for one another through first kisses, first “times,” and we’ve been each other’s constant when good relationships turned bad. (We even went to colleges that were minutes away from each other…)

Throughout the years, and despite what anyone says, we’ve never crossed the line.

Never thought about it.
Never wanted to.

Until one night changed everything.
At least, it should’ve ...

Just friends.
We’re just friends.
I’m only saying this until I figure out if she’s still “just” my best friend…

 photo picadillygray_zpsaa73e183.png

I don’t even know where to begin when I say how I adored Carter James and Arizona Turner. The day they became best friends, I knew at that moment Whitney Gracia Williams had yet created something awesome. Super happy that this wasn't one of those moments where the hy
pe of a release didn't met my expectation.Since the day I seen I seen the cover and read the blurb my impatient countdown had started.

I really wish you will get hit by a bus one day soon because you suck. You suck A LOT.

It’s nothing like being in love with your best friend, someone that you can talk to about anything and laugh with. Its something special about that one person that you don’t have to say the words, but they know what you mean. That’s the type of bond Carter and Arizona has, even tho it took time for the type of relationship these two had to catch up to what everyone already knew. Their chemistry was something that could not be ignored, they even had the ability to make previous girlfriends/ boyfriends question their relationship.

She  is ugly and she talks way too much
I’m not sure exactly which part of Sincerely Carter was my absolute favorite or maybe it was a combination that the story was told with this sarcastic, flirty yet amusing dual pov. We were giving a glimpse into their past it made it so much more understandable how they became so close and the letters made me smile.

"Thank you for your random thoughts," ... "I was hoping that you would throw some my way today"

Like any worthy romance my emotions were sent into a tailspin and I appreciated it. The ending felt a tad rushed and incomplete. Not sure if it was just me enjoying this too much and wanted more, but I feel like this there story could have went further.

He set my science project on fire after I told him he was ugly ...

Would I recommend Sincerely Carter, yes for so many reasons. Whitney Gracia Williams is definitely one of those authors that need to be on everyone’s one click list.

 photo gray4_zps48b9f4d4.png
 photo arccopy_zps7036bb0c.png

No comments :

Post a Comment