Book Review: Beautifully Broken - Portia Moore


Beautifully Broken - Portia Moore
Published: Feb. 28, 2015
Series: Before I Break # 3
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, New Adult, Erotic
Kindle pg: 218
Kindle  * B&N * Goodeads





The conclusion to the If I Break Series.

Cal’s back and his arrival changes everything.

Lauren knew it was coming but what she didn’t think he’d bring with him was an ultimatum.

A choice.

One that Lauren feels trapped under. A choice she’s unsure will make a difference but could possibly change everything.

The ultimatum isn’t the only thing Cal’s got with him but answers. The ones Lauren so desperately craves. But the truth won’t only affect the lives of he and Lauren but everyone around them…and not everyone wants the truth to come out.

The good thing is Cal doesn’t give a F…

…There's two sides to every story. In this one there’s three.



Soo are we just going to ignore the fact someone new was introduced at  end of a series. I need more. Closure, heck even a few more pages to get more detail about this new person would ease some of my anxiety.


Now if you’ve been following this series like a good citizen should you would know that its basically told from a 3 person POV. Cal/Chris and Lauren. I honestly wish Cal had more moments that were in the present versus the past. Although his moments was able to fill in so many blanks, which I find it hard to believe the he’s an alternate. I guess I’m bias #TeamCal .


Ms. Moore does an excellent job keeping me glued to my Kindle which sometimes poses a dilemma when I neglect other priorities. The writing has this flow about it . The drama barely ever stops. The secrets and lies, but let’s not forget the goods. The smexiness of having two men in one.

The only draw back for me was the ending, it didn't  feel authentic, everything was wrapped up in the attractive and done very hastily, for that I feel that it would be greatly appreciated if Ms. Moore writes more and give us another glimpse into this crazy world surrounding Lauren and the man she adores.

 photo gray4_zps48b9f4d4.png

No comments :

Post a Comment