Fitness Friday #1




My epiphany to start this journey did NOT start because the New Year was just around the corner, its actually been a plan with not much motion for awhile. Finally I decided I just needed to do it and as I navigate I would workout the kinks. So I could from a long family history of obesity, diabetes, heart problems, and other things that are more likely cause by poor lifestyles. Being honest I don’t want that to be my life, especially when I have the power to do something about to prevent it. My current situation is to not look at any scale victory, but more so challenge myself to keep moving and stay motivated to keep moving.

So what’s my plan is to get fit in my living room using youtube and pinterest for my workouts. I have 4 kids ( ages 16, 11, 10 & 7 ) and let not me not forget my hubby and the dog that keeps me busy and truthfully a gym membership is NOT in the budget. So working out at home works perfect for me. After the coercion of a co-worker I decided to give 30 day shred a try which is currently free on youtube. Only 20mins but it kicks butt. Since I haven’t workout since forever I did level 1 for about 3 weeks and without even really trying I not only gained some confidence but I also lost about 10 lbs. Woohoo! I was doing my happy dance. Shortly after the holidays came around and the flu plague almost took out my entire household.

After looking at a few weight loss / fitness journeys I’m slowly coming up with a plan of just keeping track of what I’m doing so when I look back I can see where I was and how far I came.
So for the month of January my plan is the do 30 Day Shred Level 2 and Level 3 2 weeks each. I do realize that not how the workout is setup but I don’t care and I still have to pause for a sec or 2 when doing it.I don’t have a certain weight goal in mind I just want to be a healthier me and be comfortable in my own skin. Sooo since the scale will NOT be my tracker tool(not to say that I won’t step on the scale at some point, its just not my main focus) I will be taking my measurements and progress photos (when I’m brave enough I’ll post) to monitor my progress before starting Level 2 I took my measurement which are as follows

Chest 38
Arms L: 12 R: 12
Waist: 40
Hips : 40
Thighs: L 20.5 R 20.5
Calves: L: 14 R: 14
Height: 5’5 Weight 187 lbs

Outside of doing 30 shred, I’m challenging myself to doing a a few 30 day challenges as my morning routine which has been helping me maintain energy throughout my day which is as follows
7 minute HIIT workout 50 sec on 10 secs rest
(jumping jumps) - I HATE doing these
lunges
mountain climbers (modified)
burpees (modified)
plank
jumping jacks (not sure why I decided to do these twice)

afterwards I follow up with Blogilates Ab challenge, Popsugar Fitness squat challenge, Shrinking Jeans push up challenge, add a light stretch and I’m good. This whole routine takes about 15- 20 minutes and I’m convinced it helps keep me focused for a good part of my day. Here’s to a healthier me.


No comments :

Post a Comment